Expressive writing is life-based writing that focuses on authentic expression of lived experience, with resultant insight, growth and skill-building. Research shows that expressive writing can help in the development of emotional intelligence, better choice-making, and healthy coping skills.
In this remarkable collection, 11 experts from education and community service join to offer compelling guidance on applied practice. You’ll discover
- a model for a poetry group for youth at risk;
- how to help students develop inner resources through metaphor;
- a “photovoice” project to help at-risk students stay in school;
- how storytelling develops emotional intelligence in primary school children;
- a method that helps teachers become more confident writers;
- how expressive writing can help teachers manage stress and avoid burn-out;
- expressive writing as change agent for communities;
- the benefits and limitations of writing programs in prisons and jails;
- hip-hop as “the pen of the people”;
- finding a writing group; writing with others;
- the ethics and standards of practice for expressive writing in the classroom and community;
- guidance for all levels of learners: Primary, teens, college-age, adult; professional development, personal growth.
Whether you are a teacher, a counselor, a facilitator, or a writer you’ll find this volume an invaluable and innovative resource for expressive writing in the classroom and in the community.
- PDF Book
- Download For: Computer
- File Format: PDF
- Size: 4 MB
- Pages: 339
Directly Download From TELEGRAM or GOOGLE DRIVE
If you have got any problem please write your problem in the below Form comments